Friday, March 21, 2008

Mt. Seamus

Mt. Seamus
Southern Wind River Range, Shoshone NF
March 21st, 2008

The arrow indicates my objective for the day. Tried to access it once already this year but missed it. This time I dialed it in. The peak doesn't have a name that I could find, or know of. I'm pretty sure I'm probably the first one that has ever boarded it. I decided to name it after my new son, Seamus. Ha!


Here's a good look at the run we shredded last weekend.


Another look at the mountain we were on last weekend.



Getting closer to Mt. Seamus


My route up.


The view from the top.




Looking down, getting ready to ride.

I was concerned a little about avi danger, since this looked to be a 1000 ft. slide path. It was south facing and wind loaded too. I was concerned to new snow might slide and trigger some deeper. I didn't see any sliding or get any woomphing on the way in. I dug around and little and the snow seemed pretty stable- good base. Regardless I decided to ride top section with caution- keeping exits in range on the first few turns.



Ready to ride.



My first few turns did trigger some significant slough. Just the new snow though, and only on the steepest part.


The rest was bomber.


Good stuff!



Looking back on my first line. Kind of crooked, since I didn't yet trust the slope- I tried to bite it off in safe sections.


Another look back. (Click on the photos to enlarge them)



Going up for another.


Looking down on my first line.


A look back at my second run. Much prettier!


A closer look.


A look back at Mt. Seamus on my way out.


Portrait of a pow-hound.


The Skidoo with Mt. Seamus in the background.



Mt. Seamus




Seamus


See ya later little guy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home