Sunday, February 03, 2008

Southern Wind Pow

Southern Wind Pow
Christina Lake Area, Shoshone NF
February 2nd, 2008

Looking back at my skin track.

Originally my plan was to hit Togwotee, after I checked the SNOTEL data and saw the winds had six inches of fresh and more coming- I changed my plans. Plus I was solo for the day, and there's not much sense passing up powder in your backyard.


Looking down a familiar line.


Best powder conditions yet!




The Shad Show



Man alive! Almost too deep. Hard to believe, I know.


Gotta love that!


Pillow ploppin' fun!


A look down on Christina Lake. This was as clear as it got the whole day.


Decided to practice my skiing. It's gotten a bit rusty- had the board out a little more lately.



Good stuff!



Last time I rode this, the turns were galore. Today the powder was so deep you didn't need to turn much. Amazing!





A look back at the end of the run- much, much more to this mountain than you can see here. It's an awesome way to wrap it up though.



One of the coldest days I've experienced in the Winds all year, but well worth it.

Bbrrrrr!

3 Comments:

Blogger Daddy said...

You're going on ALL late fall trips since snow is not a problem for you? Let's make some llama boards..
http://www.WyomingHiking.com

8:11 PM  
Blogger Shad Hamilton said...

Atomic Llama Boards! I know they can pack them. Ha!

8:32 PM  
Blogger Nine Horse said...

Great Blog, Shad. Just got an old sled and hope to follow some of your snow tracks.

David Reid
lander

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home