Monday, July 06, 2009

MT Biking at Grand Targhee

MTB Riding at Grand Targhee Resort
Grand Targhee National Forest
July 4th and 5th, 2009

A view of the tetons from the top of of the resort.

Headed up to Grand Targhee for the WYDAHO MTB race (http://www.grandtarghee.com/summer/mountain-biking/WYDAHO-Mtn-Bike-Race.php) on July 4th. We decided to stay up there over the fourth and ride a bit more as well. I did okay in the race, despite a 20+ mph crash and burn, I still managed to shave a minute off my time from last year. However, everyone else road much faster this year. A time that landed me mid heap in the expert category last year, only kept me a few riders away from last place this year. Short fast races are not my strength- but it sure was fun. Absolutely beautiful riding. I reccomend the race to anyone. The 24 hour race they do in August is great too!



Mandy's Dirt Queen Flick



Mandy didn't race, but she pre-rode the course with me on the morning of the 4th. This first climb is a doozy!


Sucking it up and riding the last bit.


Super Grover likes single track for breakfast!


Awful purdy country!

Mandy feeds her Kona an extra helping of yum yum!


Miles of groomed wahooo!


Wild flowers and wild riders in full force!


The road to the top of the mountain (resort).

Sunday, the morning after the race I got up and decided to ride the 3 miles of 2000 vertical feet up to the top of the mountain. It took me just under an hour (5o minutes). Had to walk a couple of short ups (probably could have cleared them had I been fresh). It was a great climb! Stunning views on top, with nothign but stellar single track to ride all the way down. Not any picture of the single track- I just couldn't bring my self to stop and take any it was so tasty!


Nearing the top.


Looking back down the road aways.


A panoramic view looking down the road from the top.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home