Friday, April 10, 2009

Big Mountain Powder

Big Mountain
Christina Lake Area, Southern Wind River Range
April 10th, 2009

Big Mountain

Wouldn't be a complete ski season without a run from the top of Big Mountain. After another small storm looked to have dumped about 6 inches of fresh snow in the Winds (without much wind) I figured conditions might be ripe for Big Mountain with powder. I figured right. It was definitely a Good Friday!


Looking at the mountains I'd be skiing, from about 2o miles away.


Yup, I'd say the new snow as of late sure has improved the coverage on the trails.


Looking back as I make may way up through the tree toward Big Mountain.



Flying solo this time.


Making progress.


Looking back about an hour later (click to enlarge).


Hooeee! This Mountain's alot of work- especially when it's loaded with fresh pow.


The summit is in sight.


Looking back down the ridge line as I make my way to the top.


Almost there!


Oh yea!! Powder all the way up!


Rockin' on the summit!


Looking down across my boot pack. Boy the snow looked good!


Scoping out the line.


Time to ride!


Rock on! The best conditions I think I've ever dropped from the top in.


Awesome!


Big lines, on Big Mountain.


Another look a the run from a different angle.


Yet, another view (click to enlarge).


Looking down towards the bottom of my run as I make my way up for more.


Big Mountain profile.

Conditions were getting pretty warm, so I decided to play on aspects that were a little less exposed to the sun...


The snow was still great!


Bottom half of the run was good too.

While climbing up for yet some more, the weather started to get a bit more over cast. Lighting on the open slopes was tricky, so I began to ride the treed pow more and work my way be back to the sled.


Looking back on Big Mountain shrouded by clouds, from across Christina Lake.


The bigger picture.



Back at the truck, celebrating a Good Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home