Thursday, January 03, 2008

Local Turns: Southern Wind River Mts

Local Turns
Southern Wind River Range, Shoshone NF

January 2nd, 2008


A view of Wind River Peak as I begin the 30 mile snow machine ride into the Christina Lake area, where I like to ski.


My wife tears it up on the golf course above Lander a few days prior to this outing. We got a couple of pretty serious storms around Christmas, that gave us 2 or 3 feet of snow- pretty much the entire snow pack in some places.


A view of the mountain I climbed and played on for the day. It's one of many nameless peaks surrounding Christina Lake.


Was solo for this trip.


A look up into Atlantic Canyon.


A little closer look. Can you guess what I looking at? Ha!


Happy to be out on another fine day.


Not bad turns either. Not quite the pow we experienced yesterday, but good enough.


Works for me.


I found a cornice to practice my hucks.


Landed all of them too.


More turns.


A different angle.


More hucking practice.



Try as I might, I just could quite get the time delay on my camera to catch me air borne- I tried a few times too. Ha! Maybe next time.


Another great day in the backcountry, a good way to start off the Wind River season. They're looking much better than they did last year at this time, though they could still stand some more snow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home