Monday, January 26, 2009

Classic Southern Wind Pow

A Classic Powder Day in the Winds
Notch Mountain/ High Marker Hill Area- Christina Lake
January 24th, 2009

Just below "The Notch"

With 3 to 5 inches of fresh snow and no wind, we opted to try the local hill this weekend. We haven't received the snow pack that Togwotee and the Tetons have so far this year. In fact, with the high winds we've been blasted with, parts of the trail into Christina lake are looking pretty bald- perhaps the worst I've ever scene it. We just didn't expect to find the powder or conditions that we did today. Quite a nice surprise! The video says it all, one of my favorite so far...




Go!


Climbing up.


And up some more. Good powder seemed to be sticking pretty high up today.


Chuck transitions for the drop.


Karla skis it up.




The powder just got better and deeper all the way down.


Looking down a few of our runs.


Looking up at some of the same lines.


At the bottom, splitting and skinning up for more.



Chuck rides.


Chuck rips down the mountain, Christina Lake below.


My line down a classic, nifty little shot.


Chuck approaches the same shot.


Launches and lands. Poof!


My turn.


Blower


Christina Pass below.


I had my eyes set on this little kicker.


On approach.


Steady.


Weeehoo!


Poooffff!!


Is he alive?


Oh yea. Great fun!

I actually stuck my first run at this angle and approach. Check out the video (very last run) if you don't believe it. I was proud. Ha!


Six runs, 4 to 5K of vertical later, looking back on a classic Southern Wind stash. What a day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home