Sunday, February 25, 2007

Go-Lite Mountain

Go-Lite Mountain
Southern Windrivers, Shoshone NF
February 25th, 2007

Go-Lite Mountain

On the way back from Pinedale, it was looking blue bird in the Winds, so I decided to stop and take a run into Christina Lake. It had been almost a month since I was last up there. Time to see what Feb's weather had done to it. Didn't take long for me to notice that Go-lite might be ready- so I headed up there. It always treats me good.


Going up.


A look back over my skin track and Christina lake, from about half way up. Things were looking good.

Kept slogging by these nice little powder fields on my way up.


Go-Lite comes into view. Hmmm, wonder what line I'll do first. Ha! Seems obvious to me.


Looking down on my first run of the day (identified in previos picture). Still some bones on this run, but the snow was awsome, and there was wiggle room.


One down.


Took it easy since I was solo today, but picked a clean line through bones. The snow was really nice- it made it easy.


A profile of run one.


Time for number two.


Nothin' but pow! Oh yea!!


My thoughts about going up for a third run.


Tasty!


A look at one of my lines on the way back up for my last run. The weather was starting to go down. Got my share, so I booked it to the top for home run.


Looking down on couple of my "Prior" runs, no pun intended. Ha!


One last look back before hitting the trees.


The Polaris poses for look back at Go-Lite, before hitting the trail for the 15 mile cruise out.



Tallulah's much taller than the coffee table these days...

Pretty cool to come home to this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home