Sunday, January 22, 2012

Radio Tower Bowl Tour

January 15th, 2012


Looking across the way at Breccia Mt.

Been a while since I'd been up here. Last time was when actually climbed/ skied the Radio Tower Couloir and dropped into it. Always wanted to try it from the other side. Unfortunately snow conditions were pretty sketchy- variable wind crusts, slabs etc. Since I was by myself- I took it easy. Mostly sticking to the trees and snooping out good powder-- and routes. Turned out to be as much or more of a tour. Still a good day!

Nice views on the way up.




Looking out across Togwotee Pass at the Tetons.


Nice little shot.


What a view.





Dropping a line neat the top of the Radio Tower bluff.


This was the best I found, and it was good!



After 4 hrs of touring around, I headed back. Can't wait to back into this area when the snow is more stable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home