Sunday, September 18, 2011

East Fork One Shot Antelope Hunt

September 17th, 2011




Me and my goat huntin' rig.




It's that time of year again... finally. I love the fall, it's my favorite time of year by far! I had a nice few hours of hunting yesterday out by my dad's place. Hopped on the bike around eight and chase a small herd of antelop around in circles for an hour, until the right combo of cover, range and goats came together. Then I blasted one. A couple of weeks ago I went out to Dad's and zeroed my rifles in (something I often don't do). Kind of took the fun out of it. I usually get at least a half dozen shots off before anything falls over. This year... one shot. This weekend was a doe only permit, but I found one with nubbins! Ha! Next weekend it's up over the to Shirley Mt. Basin to hunt horns with the Casper crew. Good stuff!!





Shot in the neck. Clipped a bit of the front quarter on the way out.


Click to enlarge. About a two hundred yard shot.


Wyoming Safari pose!



Oh yea! Guns, bikes and critters.



Now the work begins.



Shot at 10:15am, skinned, quartered and on the way out just over an hour later.



Back to the truck by noon. Home by 2pm. That's speed goat hunting for you.






East Fork One Shot Antelope Hunt Video


















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home