Sunday, February 19, 2012

West Angle Mountain

Headed up.


Been a while since I skied West Angle- seriously anyways. The snow way awesome today. Nearly a foot of fresh powder- light and fluffy! Since they jacked up the parking area when they re-did the road, I parked in the pull-out before Togwotee Lodge and decided to speck out the terrain ablove that area. I hadn't really ever skiied this aspect of West Angle much before. It was really very good. 1000 ft. steep/ deep tree shots mostly. Felt like pretty safe terrain to me, which was nice, since I was solo for this one.



Nearing the top.




Looking down one of many shots.

Good stuff!

Pow face!

Weehoo!

The Tetons came into view in the afternoon, as clouds lifted.

Beautiful country.



Last run.




Wow! Some of the best all year, so far!




Did four runs in all. All of them went nearly to the top- 1000 ft.






A good day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home