Saturday, August 25, 2007

Independence Pass

Independence Pass
Colorado
August 9th, 2007

Had some time to kill up a couple of days before the 100 mile MTB race I did up in Leadville, CO. One day, I decided to take a trot up on Independence Pass.


The arrow indicates where I trotted to. Just a few miles and 13,000 plus feet or something- I think.


It was kind of a neat trail that just kept going up a ridgeline.


Looking down on the Independence Pass highway. It's a cool drive, if you ever get a chance- do it. From Leadville or Twin Lakes, it will spit you out in Aspen.


Looks like ski terrain to me.


Beautiful country!


The trail just hugged the edge of ridge, all the way up.


Kinda cool.


Some great vistas from the summit.




There were some nifty stone piles/ biovacs on the summit.


Another view from the top.


Looking down the ridge I just hiked up.


One last look back. Turned out to be a beautiful way to kill a few hours. I should get up there when there's snow sometime I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home