Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Attack of the Atomic Llamas: The Rest of Day 2 and 3

Llama/ Ski Trip, Silas Canyon
Popo Agie Wilderness Area, Shoshone NF, Southern Windriver Mts.
July 2nd, and 3rd, 2006


When I got back to camp after skiing the Mystery Meat Sandwich couloir, I found Tally taking a snooze in the shade under her bug net. Mom was getting her ski boots on, rar'in to go. I guess she got the itch to harvest some July corn. So I packed Tally and my camera to the bottom of a slope close to camp, kicked back and watched the show.


Mandy, a.k.a "I ain't no soccer mom" Tinker, grinning for Tally as she gets ready to climb.





Mandy climbs and skis. A bit rusty, but it definitely qualifies as a harvest! Great work Mandy! Tally giggled the whole time. Ha!



Rock Star Extreme Skier Amanda Tinker... my wife, Tally's mom; the "Atomic" mom! Ha! Double Ha! Good stuff!! Thanks Mandy!



After a watching Mandy, I couldn't resist. My legs were fried from the couloir, but they were still strong enough for some fun runs, so I gobbled some up.


Looking at my tracks from yesterday as I make my way up the slope for my last tasty line.


Looking down on that same line, getting ready to drop it again. Our camp was on the left point of that island of trees in the grass below. If you click on the picture you might be able to make out the Llamas and out tent.


After a long day of harvesting corn and climbing couloirs I retired to the tent for a snooze with Tally.



The boys were content to do the same, pretty much all day.


The next morning Mandy and Tally hang out on rock and watched me strike camp and pack llamas.


Camp packed, llamas loaded, Tally fed and konked out... we're ready to roll.


Shad, Tally and Pylon take one last look at the Mystery Meat Sandwich couloir before hitting the trail home.



Shad, Tally pose on the way out, while the Atomic Llamas tank up. Ha! What a wonderful trip. All made possible by the Llamas... and Lander Llama Co. Thanks Scott!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home